Advanced First Aid
COURSE NO LONGER OFFERED
This course is designed for workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, include community and workplace settings. The covers the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response, including management of the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
This course builds on Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) (aka Senior First Aid). All trainees must provide evidence of a current certified “Provide Frist Aid” certificate prior to commencement the course. Alternatively they can complete a one of our Provide First Aid course prior to this course.
Provide Advance First Aid Course Overview
On completing our 2 Day Provide Advanced First Aid course you will be able to:
- conducted a hazard assessment and identified strategies to minimise risk
- demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- conducted a basic triage for a multiple casualty incident
- assessed airway, breathing and responsiveness of casualty/casualties
- performed Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) on an adult and infant
- activated and followed the prompts of an AED
- conducted a secondary survey, including checking pulse of at least one person and recording pulse rate
- applied first aid procedures for the following:
- allergic reactions
- basic wound care
- cardiac arrest
- choking and airway obstruction
- convulsions & epilepsy
- envenomation (using pressure immobilisation)
- eye injuries
- fractures, sprains and strains
- head and spinal injuries
- respiratory distress
- severe bleeding
- thermal injuries
- correct use of the following devices:
- cervical collars
- spinal boards, back boards and stretchers
- effective communication with a first aid team including:
- direction and coordination of other first aiders
- post-incident debrief and evaluation
- verbal and written incident reporting
Note: The Resuscitation Council of Australia recommends that Provide CPR be refreshed yearly.
Assessments are ongoing throughout the course. They are used to gauge if you have mastered the skills and knowledge needed to safely manage a life threatening incident before help arrives. Knowing this often gives participants a massive boost in confidence.
A pre-learning pack with the aid of a workbook is used to refresh your first aid knowledge, (Oral assessments are available to learners with language or other difficulties). First Aid Course Perth program is very flexible. Simply tell us your needs and we’ll do our best to accommodate them.
Practical assessments are done through role-plays and work-place simulations where possible. Everyone enjoys this method of learning and people find they remember the information better in the heat of the moment.
The Units Of Competency delivered in this course are
- HLTAID001 – Perform CPR
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID007 – Provide Advanced Resuscitation
- HLTAID006 – Provide Advanced First Aid
COURSE NO LONGER OFFERED